Definitions of corn:
- noun: something sentimental or trite
Example: "That movie was pure corn"
- noun: ears of corn grown for human food
- noun: tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears: widely cultivated in America in many varieties; the principal cereal in Mexico and Central and South America since pre-Columbian times
- noun: the dried grains or kernels or corn used as animal feed or ground for meal
- noun: a hard thickening of the skin (especially on the top or sides of the toes) caused by the pressure of ill-fitting shoes
- noun: annual or biennial grass having erect flower spikes and light brown grains
- noun: whiskey distilled from a mash of not less than 80 percent corn
- verb: preserve with salt
Example: "Corned beef"
- verb: feed (cattle) with corn
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6269)
Search for corn at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse