Definitions of conversion:
- noun: a spiritual enlightenment causing a person to lead a new life
- noun: a successful free throw or try for point after a touchdown
- noun: the act of changing from one use or function or purpose to another
- noun: act of exchanging one type of money or security for another
- noun: a change in the units or form of an expression
Example: "Conversion from Fahrenheit to Centigrade"
- noun: interchange of subject and predicate of a proposition
- noun: a change of religion
Example: "His conversion to the Catholic faith"
- noun: an event that results in a transformation
- noun: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism represses emotional conflicts which are then converted into physical symptoms that have no organic basis
Search for conversion at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse