Definitions of conduct:
- noun: manner of acting or conducting yourself
- noun: (behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
- verb: transmit or serve as the medium for transmission
Example: "Many metals conduct heat"
- verb: direct the course of; manage or control
Example: "You cannot conduct business like this"
- verb: lead, as in the performance of a composition
Example: "Conduct an orchestra"
- verb: lead musicians in the performance of
Example: "Bernstein conducted Mahler like no other conductor"
- verb: take somebody somewhere
Example: "He conducted us to the palace"
- verb: behave in a certain manner
Example: "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
Search for conduct at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse