Definitions of Concord:
- noun: town in eastern Massachusetts near Boston where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought
- noun: capital of the state of New Hampshire; located in south central New Hampshire on the Merrimack river
- noun: the first battle of the American Revolution (April 19, 1775)
- noun: agreement of opinions
- noun: the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations
- noun: a harmonious state of things in general and of their properties (as of colors and sounds); congruity of parts with one another and with the whole
- verb: arrange the words of a text so as to create a concordance
Example: "The team concorded several thousand nouns, verbs, and adjectives"
- verb: arrange by concord or agreement
Example: "Concord the conditions for the marriage of the Prince of Wales with a commoner"
- verb: be in accord; be in agreement
Example: "Both philosophers concord on this point"
- verb: go together
Example: "Their ideas concorded"
Search for Concord at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse