Definitions of class:
- noun: elegance in dress or behavior
Example: "She has a lot of class"
- noun: people having the same social or economic status
Example: "The working class"
- noun: a collection of things sharing a common attribute
Example: "There are two classes of detergents"
- noun: (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
- noun: a body of students who are taught together
Example: "Early morning classes are always sleepy"
- noun: a body of students who graduate together
Example: "The class of '97"
- noun: a league ranked by quality
Example: "He played baseball in class D for two years"
- noun: education imparted in a series of lessons or class meetings
Example: "Flirting is not unknown in college classes"
- verb: arrange or order by classes or categories
Example: "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17001)
Search for class at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia