Definitions of chippy:
- noun: (Britain, slang) A fish-and-chip shop.
- noun: (Britain, Australia, New Zealand, slang) A carpenter.
- noun: (Australia, slang) The youngest member of a team or group, normally someone whose voice has not yet deepened, talking like a chipmunk.
- noun: (New Zealand) A potato chip.
- noun: (US, slang) A prostitute or promiscuous woman.
- noun: (demoscene, informal) A chiptune.
- noun: (US) A chipping sparrow.
- noun: (slang) An occasional drug habit, less than addiction.
- adjective: (Canada, UK) Ill-tempered, disagreeable.
- adjective: (Canada, sports) Involving violence or unfair play.
- adjective: (of wood) Tending to form chips when cut, rather than larger, more usable pieces of wood.
- adjective: (dated) As dry as a chip of wood.
- adjective: (archaic) Feeling sick from drinking alcohol; hung over.
- verb: (slang) To take drugs (especially heroin) on an occasional basis, rather than as an addict.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for chippy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia