Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of chain:
- noun: a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament
- noun: a necklace made by a stringing objects together;
- noun: anything that acts as a restraint
- noun: a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership
- noun: a series of things depending on each other as if linked together
Example: "The chain of command"
- noun: (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
- noun: British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
- noun: a unit of length
- noun: metal shackles; for hands or legs
- noun: a series of hills or mountains
- verb: fasten or secure with chains
Example: "Chain the chairs together"
- verb: connect or arrange into a chain by linking
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #22383)
Search for chain at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse