Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of bump:
- noun: an impact (as from a collision)
Example: "The bump threw him off the bicycle"
- noun: a lump on the body caused by a blow
- noun: something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form
- verb: knock against with force or violence
Example: "My car bumped into the tree"
- verb: dance erotically or dance with the pelvis thrust forward
Example: "Bump and grind"
- verb: assign to a lower position; reduce in rank
- verb: remove or force from a position of dwelling previously occupied
- verb: come upon, as if by accident; meet with
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6982)
Search for bump at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...