Definitions of brush:
- noun: contact with something dangerous or undesirable
Example: "I had a brush with danger on my way to work"
- noun: the act of brushing your hair
Example: "He gave his hair a quick brush"
- noun: the act of brushing your teeth
Example: "The dentist recommended two brushes a day"
- noun: a minor short-term fight
- noun: an implement that has hairs or bristles firmly set into a handle
- noun: conducts current between rotating and stationary parts of a generator or motor
- noun: momentary contact
- noun: a dense growth of bushes
- verb: remove with or as if with a brush
Example: "Brush away the crumbs"
- verb: touch lightly and briefly
Example: "He brushed the wall lightly"
- verb: rub with a brush, or as if with a brush
Example: "Johnson brushed the hairs from his jacket"
- verb: clean with a brush
Example: "She brushed the suit before hanging it back into the closet"
- verb: cover by brushing
Example: "Brush the bread with melted butter"
- verb: sweep across or over
Example: "Her long skirt brushed the floor"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5206)
Search for brush at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse