Synonyms / Related
Definitions of brief:
- noun: a condensed written summary or abstract
- noun: a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
- verb: give essential information to someone
Example: "The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade"
- adjective: of short duration or distance
Example: "A brief stay in the country"
- adjective: concise and succinct
Example: "Covered the matter in a brief statement"
- adjective: (of clothing) very short
Example: "A brief bikini"
Search for brief at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...