Definitions of bottom:
- noun: a cargo ship
Example: "They did much of their overseas trade in foreign bottoms"
- noun: the lower side of anything
- noun: the lowest part of anything
Example: "They started at the bottom of the hill"
- noun: the second half of an inning; while the home team is at bat
- noun: a depression forming the ground under a body of water
- noun: low-lying alluvial land near a river
- noun: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- verb: provide with a bottom or a seat
Example: "Bottom the chairs"
- verb: strike the ground, as with a ship's bottom
- verb: come to understand
- adjective: at the bottom; lowest or last
Example: "The bottom price"
- adjective: the lowest rank
Example: "Bottom member of the class"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10121)
Search for bottom at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse