Definitions of attention:
- noun: a courteous act indicating affection
Example: "She tried to win his heart with her many attentions"
- noun: a motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review
Example: "The troops stood at attention"
- noun: the faculty or power of mental concentration
Example: "Keeping track of all the details requires your complete attention"
- noun: the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others
- noun: a general interest that leads people to want to know more
Example: "She was the center of attention"
- noun: the work of caring for or attending to someone or something
Example: "The old car needed constant attention"
Search for attention at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse