Definitions of agency:
- noun: a business that serves other businesses
- noun: an administrative unit of government
Example: "The Central Intelligence Agency"
- noun: the state of being in action or exerting power
Example: "The agency of providence"
- noun: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved
Example: "An example is the best agency of instruction"
- noun: the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
Search for agency at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...