Definitions of acceptance:
- noun: the act of taking something that is offered
Example: "Her acceptance of the gift encouraged him"
- noun: (contract law) words signifying consent to the terms of an offer (thereby creating a contract)
- noun: banking: a time draft drawn on and accepted by a bank
- noun: the state of being acceptable and accepted
Example: "Torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club"
- noun: the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception
Example: "The proposal found wide acceptance"
- noun: a disposition to tolerate or accept people or situations
- noun: the mental attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true
Example: "Acceptance of Newtonian mechanics was unquestioned for 200 years"
Search for acceptance at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse