Definitions of distortion:
- noun: the mistake of misrepresenting the facts
- noun: the act of distorting something so it seems to mean something it was not intended to mean
- noun: a change for the worse
- noun: a change (usually undesired) in the waveform of an acoustic or analog electrical signal; the difference between two measurements of a signal (as between the input and output signal)
Example: "Heavy metal guitar players use vacuum tube amplifiers to produce extreme distortion"
- noun: an optical phenomenon resulting from the failure of a lens or mirror to produce a good image
- noun: a shape resulting from distortion