Definitions of axis:
- noun: the center around which something rotates
- noun: the 2nd cervical vertebra; serves as a pivot for turning the head
- noun: a straight line through a body or figure that satisfies certain conditions
- noun: in World War II the alliance of Germany and Italy in 1936 which later included Japan and other nations
Example: "The Axis opposed the Allies in World War II"
- noun: the main stem or central part about which plant organs or plant parts such as branches are arranged
- noun: a group of countries in special alliance