Definitions of steady:
- noun: a person loved by another person
- verb: make steady
Example: "Steady yourself"
- verb: support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace
- adjective: securely in position; not shaky
Example: "Held the ladder steady"
- adjective: not subject to change or variation especially in behavior
Example: "A steady beat"
- adjective: not easily excited or upset
Example: "Steady nerves"
- adjective: not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall
- adjective: relating to a person who does something regularly
Example: "A steady drinker"
- adjective: marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable
- adjective: persistent in occurrence and unvarying in nature
Example: "A steady breeze"
- adverb: in a steady manner
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39137)
Search for steady at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia