Definitions of met:
- verb: (obsolete, impersonal) To dream; to occur (to one) in a dream.
- noun: (London) The London Underground Metropolitan Line
- noun: (London, historical) The Metropolitan Railway
- noun: (London, law enforcement, usually with "the") The Metropolitan Police Service of London (MPS)
- noun: (US, with "the") The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
- noun: (New York, art, with "the") The current or historical Metropolitan Opera House or its opera company.
- noun: (London, informal) A Metropolitan Line train
- noun: (baseball) A player for the New York Mets
- noun: (physiology, countable) Initialism of Metabolic Equivalent of Task, or simply metabolic equivalent, a measure of the intensity of aerobic exercise.
- noun: (biochemistry) Short for methylethyltryptamine, a hallucinogenic tryptamine.
- noun: (biochemistry) Short for methionine, an essential nonpolar amino acid.
- noun: (biology) The gene symbol for C-Met, a proto-oncogene in human biology.
- noun: (oncology) Initialism of mesenchymal–epithelial transition.
- noun: Initialism of Motivational Enhancement Therapy, used in treatment of drug abuse and mental illness to help people in denial accept treatment.
- noun: (medicine) Initialism of Muscle Energy Technique, a neuromuscular protocol used in osteopathy, physical therapy, and massage therapy.
- noun: Initialism of Mission Elapsed Time.
- noun: (aeronautics) Initialism of Modular Equipment Transporter, a two-wheeled handcart used on the Apollo 14 manned mission to the Moon.
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for met at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse