Definitions of fat:
- noun: a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides)
Example: "Pizza has too much fat"
- noun: excess bodily weight
Example: "She found fatness disgusting in herself as well as in others"
- noun: a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy; adipose tissue also cushions and insulates vital organs
Example: "Fatty tissue protected them from the severe cold"
- verb: make fat or plump
- adjective: lucrative
Example: "A nice fat job"
- adjective: having a relatively large diameter
Example: "A fat rope"
- adjective: a chubby body
Example: "The boy had a rounded face and fat cheeks"
- adjective: having much flesh (especially fat)
Example: "He hadn't remembered how fat she was"
- adjective: marked by great fruitfulness
Example: "A fat land"
- adjective: containing or composed of fat
Example: "Fatty food"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #85271)
Search for fat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse