Definitions of church:
- noun: a place for public (especially Christian) worship
Example: "The church was empty"
- noun: one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- noun: the body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church
Example: "Our church is hosting a picnic next week"
- noun: a service conducted in a church
Example: "Don't be late for church"
- verb: perform a special church rite or service for
Example: "Church a woman after childbirth"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 6250 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #763)
Search for church at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia