Definitions of bring:
- verb: take something or somebody with oneself somewhere
Example: "Bring me the box from the other room"
- verb: induce or persuade
- verb: bring into a different state
- verb: go or come after and bring or take back
Example: "Could you bring the wine?"
- verb: be accompanied by
Example: "Can I bring my cousin to the dinner?"
- verb: cause to come into a particular state or condition
Example: "Bring water to the boiling point"
- verb: cause to happen or to occur as a consequence
Example: "Bring comments"
- verb: attract the attention of
- verb: avance or set forth in court
Example: "Bring charges, institute proceedings"
- verb: be sold for a certain price
- verb: bestow a quality on
Example: "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #25761)
Search for bring at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse