Definitions of brave:
- noun: people who are brave
Example: "The home of the free and the brave"
- noun: a North American Indian warrior
- verb: face or endure with courage
Example: "She braved the elements"
- adjective: possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching
Example: "Familiarity with danger makes a brave man braver but less daring- Herman Melville"
- adjective: brightly colored and showy
Example: "Girls decked out in brave new dresses"
- adjective: invulnerable to fear or intimidation
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #48136)
Search for brave at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia