Definitions of wing:
- noun: a movable organ for flying (one of a pair)
- noun: one of the horizontal airfoils on either side of the fuselage of an airplane
- noun: a stage area out of sight of the audience
- noun: the wing of a fowl
Example: "He preferred the drumsticks to the wings"
- noun: a unit of military aircraft
- noun: a hockey player stationed in a forward positin on either side
- noun: a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud
Example: "In England they call a fender a wing"
- noun: the side of military or naval formation
- noun: an addition that extends a main building
- verb: travel through the air; be airborne
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2390)
Search for wing at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia