Definitions of season:
- noun: one of the natural periods into which the year is divided by the equinoxes and solstices or atmospheric conditions
Example: "The regular sequence of the seasons"
- noun: a recurrent time marked by major holidays
Example: "It was the Christmas season"
- noun: a period of the year marked by special events or activities in some field
Example: "He celebrated his 10th season with the ballet company"
- verb: lend flavor to
Example: "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
- verb: make fit
Example: "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
- verb: make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else; moderate
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3463)
Search for season at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse