Definitions of report:
- noun: a short account of the news
Example: "The report of his speech"
- noun: the act of informing by verbal report
Example: "He heard reports that they were causing trouble"
- noun: a written document describing the findings of some individual or group
- noun: a sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing)
Example: "They heard a violent report followed by silence"
- noun: the general estimation that the public has for a person
Example: "He was a person of bad report"
- noun: a written evaluation of a student's scholarship and deportment
Example: "His father signed his report card"
- noun: an essay (especially one written as an assignment)
- verb: to give an account or representation of in words
- verb: make known to the authorities
Example: "One student reported the other to the principal"
- verb: complain about; make a charge against
Example: "I reported her to the superviser"
- verb: announce one's presence
Example: "I report to work every day at 9 o'clock"
- verb: announce as the result of an investigation, or announce something to the proper authorities
Example: "Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city"
- verb: be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism
Example: "Snow reported on China in the 1950's"
Search for report at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse