Definitions of member:
- noun: an organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations)
Example: "The library was a member of the interlibrary loan association"
- noun: one of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participates in a group organization)
Example: "Only members will be admitted"
- noun: anything that belongs to a set or class
Example: "Snakes are members of the class Reptilia"
- noun: the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
- noun: an external body part that projects from the body
Search for member at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia