Definitions of humanist:
- noun: a classical scholar or student of the liberal arts
- noun: an advocate of the principles of humanism
- adjective: pertaining to or concerned with the humanities
Example: "Humanistic studies"
- adjective: of or pertaining to a philosophy asserting human dignity and man's capacity for fulfillment through reason and scientific method and often rejecting religion
Example: "The humanist belief in continuous emergent evolution- Wendell Thomas"
- adjective: of or pertaining to Renaissance humanism
Example: "The humanistic revival of learning"
- adjective: marked by humanistic values and devotion to human welfare
Example: "Respect and humanistic regard for all members of our species"
Search for humanist at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia