Definitions of declare:
- verb: designate (a trump suit or no-trump) with the final bid of a hand
- verb: authorize payments of
Example: "Declare dividends"
- verb: state firmly
Example: "He declared that he was innocent"
- verb: declare to be
Example: "She was declared incompetent"
- verb: proclaim one's support, sympathy, or opinion for or against
Example: "His wife declared at once for moving to the West Coast"
- verb: state emphatically and authoritatively
Example: "He declared that he needed more money to carry out the task he was charged with"
- verb: make a declaration (of dutiable goods) to a customs official
Example: "Do you have anything to declare?"
- verb: announce publicly or officially
Example: "The President declared war"
Search for declare at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse