Definitions of broad:
- noun: slang term for a woman
Example: "A broad is a woman who can throw a mean punch"
- adjective: (of speech) heavily and noticeably regional
Example: "A broad southern accent"
- adjective: very large in expanse or scope
Example: "A broad lawn"
- adjective: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness
Example: "A broad political stance"
- adjective: lacking subtlety; obvious
Example: "Gave us a broad hint that it was time to leave"
- adjective: not detailed or specific
Example: "A broad rule"
- adjective: having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other
Example: "A river two miles broad"
- adjective: broad in scope or content
Example: "An invention with broad applications"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #19787)
Search for broad at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse