Definitions of whip:
- noun: a quick blow with a whip
- noun: an instrument with a handle and a flexible lash that is used for whipping
- noun: (golf) the flexibility of the shaft of a golf club
- noun: a dessert made of sugar and stiffly beaten egg whites or cream and usually flavored with fruit
- noun: a legislator appointed by the party to enforce discipline
- verb: strike as if by whipping
Example: "The curtain whipped her face"
- verb: thrash about flexibly in the manner of a whiplash
Example: "The tall grass whipped in the wind"
- verb: whip with or as if with a wire whisk
- verb: subject to harsh criticism
- verb: beat severely with a whip or rod
- verb: defeat thoroughly
Search for whip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse