Definitions of violent:
- adjective: (of colors or sounds) intensely vivid or loud
Example: "A violent clash of colors"
- adjective: effected by force or injury rather than natural causes
Example: "A violent death"
- adjective: acting with or marked by or resulting from great force or energy or emotional intensity
Example: "A violent attack"
- adjective: characterized by violence or bloodshed
- adjective: marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid
Example: "Violent passions"
Search for violent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse