Definitions of swamp:
- noun: low land that is seasonally flooded; has more woody plants than a marsh and better drainage than a bog
- noun: a situation fraught with difficulties and imponderables
Example: "He was trapped in a medical swamp"
- verb: drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged
Example: "The tsunami swamped every boat in the harbor"
- verb: fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45222)
Search for swamp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse