Definitions of stalk:
- noun: a stiff or threatening gait
- noun: the act of following prey stealthily
- noun: a hunt for game carried on by stalking or waiting in ambush
- noun: a slender or elongated structure that supports a plant or fungus or a plant part or plant organ
- noun: material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- verb: walk stiffly
- verb: go through (an area) in search of prey
Example: "Stalk the woods for deer"
- verb: follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to
Example: "Her ex-boyfriend stalked her"
Search for stalk at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse