Definitions of skip:
- noun: a gait in which steps and hops alternate
- noun: a mistake resulting from neglect
- verb: bound off one point after another
- verb: intentionally fail to attend
- verb: cause to skip over a surface
Example: "Skip a stone across the pond"
- verb: jump lightly
- verb: leave suddenly
Example: "Skip town"
- verb: bypass
Example: "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
Search for skip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse