Definitions of scream:
- noun: sharp piercing cry
Example: "Her screaming attracted the neighbors"
- noun: a joke that seems extremely funny
- noun: a high-pitched noise resembling a human cry
Example: "He heard the scream of the brakes"
- verb: make a loud, piercing sound
Example: "Fighter planes are screaming through the skies"
- verb: utter or declare in a very loud voice
- verb: utter a sudden loud cry
Search for scream at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse