Definitions of running:
- noun: the act of administering or being in charge of something
Example: "He has responsibility for the running of two companies at the same time"
- noun: the state of being in operation
Example: "The engine is running smoothly"
- noun: the act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace
- noun: the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track
- noun: (American football) a play in which a player runs with the ball
Example: "The coach put great emphasis on running"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #19459)
Search for running at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse