Definitions of replication:
- noun: the repetition of an experiment in order to test the validity of its conclusion
Example: "Scientists will not believe an experimental result until they have seen at least one replication"
- noun: (law) a pleading made by a plaintiff in reply to the defendant's plea or answer
- noun: (genetics) the process whereby DNA makes a copy of itself before cell division
- noun: the act of making copies
- noun: copy that is not the original; something that has been copied
- noun: the persistence of a sound after its source has stopped
- noun: a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)
Search for replication at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse