Definitions of put out:
- verb: be sexually active
Example: "She is supposed to put out"
- verb: retire
Example: "He was put out at third base on a long throw from left field"
- verb: cause to be out on a fielding play
- verb: put out considerable effort
Example: "He put out the same for seven managers"
- verb: to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
- verb: put out, as of a candle or a light
- verb: deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
- verb: thrust or extend out
- verb: prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
- verb: make unconscious by means of anesthetic drugs
Search for put out at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse