Definitions of paint:
- noun: a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating
- noun: makeup consisting of a pink or red powder applied to the cheeks
- noun: (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court
Example: "He dominates play in the paint"
- verb: apply paint to; coat with paint
Example: "We painted the rooms yellow"
- verb: apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
- verb: make a painting of
Example: "He painted his mistress many times"
- verb: make a painting
Example: "He painted all day in the garden"
Search for paint at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse