Definitions of living:
- noun: people who are still living
Example: "Save your pity for the living"
- noun: the experience of living; the course of human events and activities
- noun: the condition of living or the state of being alive
- noun: the financial means whereby one lives
- adjective: true to life; lifelike
Example: "The living image of her mother"
- adjective: pertaining to living persons
Example: "Within living memory"
- adjective: dwelling or inhabiting; often used in combination
Example: "Living quarters"
- adjective: (informal) absolute
Example: "She is a living doll"
- adjective: still in active use
Example: "A living language"
- adjective: still in existence
Example: "The Wollemi pine found in Australia is a surviving specimen of a conifer thought to have been long extinct and therefore known as a living fossil"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #81940)
Search for living at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse