Definitions of lace:
- noun: a delicate decorative fabric woven in an open web of symmetrical patterns
- noun: a cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment)
- verb: draw through eyes or holes
Example: "Lace the shoelaces"
- verb: do lacework
- verb: add alcohol beverages
- verb: make by braiding or interlacing
Example: "Lace a tablecloth"
- verb: spin or twist together so as to form a cord
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #62609)
Search for lace at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse