Definitions of itch:
- noun: an irritating cutaneous sensation that produces a desire to scratch
- noun: a strong restless desire
- noun: a contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite; characterized by persistent itching and skin irritation
Example: "He has a bad case of the itch"
- verb: have or perceive an itch
Example: "I'm itching--the air is so dry!"
- verb: have a strong desire or urge to do something
Example: "She is itching to start the project"
- verb: scrape or rub as if to relieve itching
Search for itch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse