Definitions of ice:
- noun: a frozen dessert with fruit flavoring (especially one containing no milk)
- noun: the frozen part of a body of water
- noun: diamonds
Example: "Look at the ice on that dame!"
- noun: water frozen in the solid state
Example: "Americans like ice in their drinks"
- noun: amphetamine used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- noun: a heat engine in which combustion occurs inside the engine rather than in a separate furnace; heat expands a gas that either moves a piston or turns a gas turbine
- noun: a rink with a floor of ice for ice hockey or ice skating
Example: "The crowd applauded when she skated out onto the ice"
- noun: a flavored sugar topping used to coat and decorate cakes
- verb: put ice on or put on ice
Example: "Ice your sprained limbs"
- verb: decorate with frosting
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9822)
Search for ice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse