Definitions of hair:
- noun: a filamentous projection or process on an organism
- noun: any of the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal
Example: "There is a hair in my soup"
- noun: dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head); helps prevent heat loss
Example: "He combed his hair"
- noun: filamentous hairlike growth on a plant
- noun: cloth woven from horsehair or camelhair; used for upholstery or stiffening in garments
- noun: a very small distance or space
Example: "They escaped by a hair's-breadth"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4603)
Search for hair at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse