Definitions of cunning:
- noun: drafty artfulness (especially in deception)
- noun: shrewdness in deception
Example: "As cunning as a fox"
- noun: shrewdness as demonstrated by being skilled in deception
- adjective: attractive especially by means of smallness or prettiness or quaintness
Example: "Cunning kittens"
- adjective: showing inventiveness and skill
Example: "The cunning maneuvers leading to his success"
- adjective: marked by skill in deception
Example: "Cunning men often pass for wise"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #30566)
Search for cunning at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse