Definitions of canal:
- noun: long and narrow strip of water made for boats or for irrigation
- noun: (astronomy) an indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels; they are now believed to be an optical illusion
- noun: a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance
Example: "The alimentary canal"
- verb: provide (a city) with a canal
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #34105)
Search for canal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse