Definitions of bum:
- noun: a disreputable vagrant
Example: "He tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
- noun: person who does no work
Example: "A lazy bum"
- noun: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- noun: a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
Example: "Throw the bum out"
- verb: be lazy or idle
Example: "Her son is just bumming around all day"
- verb: ask for and get free; be a parasite
- adjective: of very poor quality
Search for bum at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse