Definitions of boot:
- noun: footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg
- noun: British term for the luggage compartment in a car
- noun: an instrument of torture that is used to crush the foot and leg
- noun: protective casing for something that resembles a leg
- noun: the act of delivering a blow with the foot
- noun: the swift release of a store of affective force
Example: "What a boot!"
- verb: cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes
Example: "Boot your computer"
- verb: kick; give a boot to
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29283)
Search for boot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse