Definitions of animate:
- verb: give new life or energy to
- verb: heighten or intensify
- verb: give life-like qualities to
Example: "Animated cartoons"
- verb: make lively
- adjective: endowed with animal life as distinguished from plant life
Example: "We are animate beings"
- adjective: belonging to the class of nouns that denote living beings
Example: "The word `dog' is animate"
- adjective: endowed with feeling and unstructured consciousness
Search for animate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse