Definitions of accommodation:
- noun: (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the lens of the eye
- noun: the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need
- noun: living quarters provided for public convenience
Example: "Overnight accommodations are available"
- noun: in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
- noun: a settlement of differences
Example: "They reached an accommodation with Japan"
- noun: making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
Search for accommodation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse